Published Papers and Articles
Dr. Joseph Purita, a pioneer in the use of Regenerative Cell and PRP therapy for orthopedic conditions, graduated from Georgetown University Medical School and served his surgical internship at the University of Florida Medical Center.
Following completion of his orthopedic surgery residency at University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he served as the Chief Administrative Resident, Dr. Purita joined the Boca Raton Orthopedic Group (BROG) in 1981.
Dr. Purita is an instructor and proctor of surgeons in the use of lasers in arthroscopic and orthopedic surgery at a variety of area hospitals.
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy mechanisms in musculoskeletal regenerative medicine
- Leukocyte-rich PRP versus leukocyte-poor PRP - The role of monocyte/macrophage function in the healing cascade
- Stem Cell Injections for Musculoskeletal Pathology: An Overview for the Sports Medicine Professional
- Platelet Rich Plasma: Postprocedural Considerations for the Sports Medicine Professional
- Platelet-Rich Plasma: Basic Science and Biological Effects
- Regenerative medicine for pain management